2011-01-02

Jane Badler about "V"

V star Jane Badler has claimed that her character Diana is "not necessarily" a villain.

The actress previously revealed that Diana will be held captive by her daughter Anna (Morena Baccarin) when viewers first meet her.


"I definitely think that I have a totally different take on things than [Anna]," she told IGN. "There's a lot of conflict between her way of thinking and mine, definitely. My character is not necessarily a villain. She's strong, definitely. She would do things that might seem cold-blooded, but I think is probably more fair."

She added that Diana's fifteen year captivity had given her "a great control".

"The patience is beyond how long I could wait for my moment [to strike]," she said. "And I think that's really powerful, because no matter what Anna will do to me, I'm equally as powerful and strong."

Badler, who appeared in the original V in the 1980s, also revealed that she has received a positive reaction from fans since her return to the series was announced in August.

"It's amazing," she admitted. "I can't believe it. I don't know why that is and I'm so happy that I can create that excitement for them. I hope that they love seeing me on the television and they don't expect the same person and know I'm...different [now]."

The second season of V begins on January 4 on ABC.

No comments: