2015-02-25

Lorenzo Lamas' Wife Is Giving Birth To Their Grandchild

Lamas_Lorenzo 19.01 Pre-Grammy Party 2015-02-05 ©gettyLorenzo Lamas is going to become a grandfather thanks to his wife Shawna Craig, 28, who is four-months pregnant with his eldest daughter Shayne's biological baby.

Lorenzo Lamas, 57, and his family revealed they are expecting a new addition - a baby boy - in a new interview with Closer Weekly recently.

The Falcon Crest star's child Shayne, 29, never thought she would be able to welcome another baby after undergoing a life-altering surgery. But when her stepmother offered to be a surrogate, the former Bachelor contestant's prayers were answered.

In February 2014, Shayne lost her baby after experiencing a rare uterine rupture which required a hysterectomy to save her life.

'When I found out I could never have kids again, I screamed at the top of my lungs,' said the Lamas_Lorenzo 20.01 Family 2015season twelve Bachelor winner. 'My world shattered, my world was over. It was the worst moment of my life.'

Fortunately for Shayne and her husband Nik Ritchie - who already have three-year-old daughter Press - their options to conceive were not completely closed.

Shawna - who is the fifth wife of Shayne's father Lorenzo - generously offered to carry the couple's child as a special surrogate.

'Shawna's not just my stepmother, she's like a soul sister,' shared Shayne. 'She's an angel that blessed my whole family, including my father.'

The pregnant proxy has no children of her own and married Lorenzo in 2011 on the promise that they would never choose to have future children together.

 

In this ET Interview, Lorenzo talks about his family and his former wives:

No comments: